Wednesday, August 03, 2005

1100 Miles Down



It has been a few days since my last entry. In the meantime, we managed to pack up the house and load up a moving truck. We just arrived at my mom’s home in Indianapolis. Oddly enough, we were able to cram a 20-hour drive into a mere 27.5 hours. Let’s start off with a good Fisher story for everyone out there keeping a log of our young man. 70 miles into the trip we stopped for our first potty break. As always, I reminded my son not to touch anything, but just do his business and make a clean getaway. I leaned over him to help him carefully execute the delicate maneuver. Turning his head upward to announce his flawless performance, he knocked my sunglasses off my collar into the urinal below. We stood motionless for a few moments, and the gentleman next to us declared, “Oooh. That sucks.” I was very fond of those glasses.

The rest of the trip was littered with similar stories to be told at another time. It was a really hard drive since we were already exhausted at the beginning, but I was looking forward to some good quiet time with the Lord. We spent the evening with my brother and his family. Now we’re just trying to get some good rest before the next leg of our trip down to Charlotte and then up to DC.

Why is it that you let your kids eat massive amounts of junk food on roadtrips that you would otherwise never let them eat?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, UV protection and the warm, inviting scent of cherry soap.

Tell Fisher, "Jeff" says, 'hi.'