Thursday, September 11, 2008

'Nuff Said?

A few days ago former NYC mayor Ed Koch made this statement:

“I predict that the outcome of the presidential election will depend not on the economy, not on the Iraq war, not on the price of gasoline or the issue of national health insurance, but on the issue of the right to abortion.”
For two years I have prayed intently (along with many others), “God drive abortion like a wedge into the 2008 Elections.” I believe TheCall in DC coinciding with the Saddleback Civil Forum was the turning point. The “issue” of abortion that so many have tried to push down in priority and dismiss as an old topic suddenly rose through the murky waters and became visible again. August 16 marked the day that the current of the campaign waters shifted quite unexpectedly. McCain’s selection of Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate seems to have sealed the deal that abortion, LIFE and the sanctity of human life will be at the forefront.

I can’t think of a more clear direct answer to prayer.

Don’t get me wrong; this is not some run-of-the-mill party politics. If it’s easy for you to discount any discussion on the topic, then you’ve grossly misunderstood the motivations that are driving this movement. I am for whomever will stand on the side of the pre-born. I will support the one who stands on the side of the innocent. If that’s a Democrat, then so be it. If that’s a Republican, then so be it. It happens to be the case this time around that Barack Obama has voted multiple times to block the protection of babies born alive as a result of abortion. Get out all your lipstick for this one, but it’s still INFANTICIDE. Regardless of all other policies, ideas and smooth speeches, I cannot stand with this man. The man that devalues human life and the innocent to this extent cannot be trusted. Moreover, the door of the White House cannot be opened to that kind of spiritual leadership.

That’s right, I said “spiritual leadership.” In our blessed democracy, the office of President is so much more than just a civil position.

The race gets really ugly from here on out. Obama’s so-called higher ground tactics are about to take a stroll through the mud and slop. It’s already well underway. All hell is raging against Palin. Everyone underestimated the galvanizing effect she would have on the social conservatives. Obama seriously miscalculated how the race would change. And he’s really kicking himself for picking Biden the anchorweight.

I will not be courted by a polite and puny plank in your platform. Don’t insult me with your feeble attempt to make me feel “comfortable.” I don't want to feel comfortable. There’s too much at stake. I don’t care what the Republicans, Democrats, pundits, commentators or Matt Damon are saying right now. I only care about what God is saying right now.

This isn’t about imposing my religious beliefs on someone else–arguing “If you don’t like abortion, then don’t have one.” No, this is a justice issue. It’s never the wrong time to do the right thing. It’s never the wrong time to demand justice.

#siege

2 comments:

Joel Stephan said...

The power of God hit me as I read this post. I'm all shaky. I believe these 40 days leading up to the election are the most important of America's history up to this point. There will definitely be violent war in the heavens and I will stand by you and Bound4Life in intercession prayer.

Bless you.

Joel

CK said...

We're with you up here in NY/NJ. My husband works for Rush Limbaugh and works daily to get the LIFE issue talked about. We love Bound4Life, and truly believe Gov. Palin is an answer to yours and our prayers. We're thanking God for her and the fact that the issue is being brought up more and more. We will continue to pray and we know Rush will continue to keep it in the news.