Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Say it with me..."Sotomayor"

No, I don’t know a lot about the new SCOTUS nominee… yet. But I am working on it. She is believed to be pro-choice but yet she is also catholic. (Not sure how that works).

Anyway, I think most people have a working knowledge of the 3 branches of our government but, just in case you missed it in school, indulge me for just a moment.

There are 3 branches of Government…

  1. Legislative - Create Law
  2. Executive - Enforce Law
  3. Judicial - Interpret Law

Now, most people understand the difference between # 1 and # 3. However, a few don’t. So let me say it like this. Policy making and law creating is not the job of the Courts - any of them. Yes, that means the Supreme Court as well.

But this is apparently lost on Pres. Obama’s nominee:

No comments: