Thursday, November 24, 2005

Nightline

Well, we have made the decision to go through with the Nightline interview. It looks like this will happen quickly. They will interview our group on Monday from 11am-7pm. They will interview Lou Engle primarily, but they've asked for free access to the whole community. They will join us at the wall in front of the Supreme Court and at JHOP, but we've decided not to allow them to come to the farm where we live. Please pray for our group and especially Lou. Obviously, there's huge potential for them to portray us as a bunch of kooks. They've really been drawn to the "dream" aspect of our group. That's cool, but who knows how something like that will come across. They've guaranteed us 3 million viewers. In particular, the initial interviewer was blown away by the "Horton Hears A Who" dream. You could literally see something click as she heard the story. I woke up thinking about it this morning. What if the Spirit of God falls as 3 million people hear the Horton message? What if 3 million people begin to think differently because of it? What could happen? What if...(you fill in the blank)
It has maybe felt a little dangerous and vulnerable for us to do an interview like this. There has been a fear that maybe all our ducks weren't in a row. We've been cautious and prayerful leading up to this decision. I was talking with Lou a couple days ago and he said God had woke him up in the middle of the night with the direction to do it. As we were discussing it Lou told me, "We have to do it for the sake of the babies." These words have stuck with me for the last two days now. They were the first words I heard this morning when I opened my eyes. This is an Esther moment for us. She didn't play it safe. Her people's lives were at stake, and she said, "I'll go in and if I die, I die." For the sake of the babies! If we die, we die.

No comments: