Thursday, November 09, 2006

A Quick Note To My South Dakotans


My team and I are packing boxes this week and will be leaving on Monday. It has been an extreme pleasure to live in South Dakota for the last three and half months. What a joy it has been to watch the passing of the seasons on the Wall alongside my friends. From shorts & sandals to scarves & sweaters. We did not see Tuesday's popular vote go as we had hoped, but the cause goes on. Rest assured that God is on the move in America, and He does not sleep.

All I can think about is William Wilberforce, the great abolitionist. Commissioned by God, he spend year after year after disappointing year fighting for what was right. It was a life spent well. And then things changed... suddenly. I'm counting my own costs right now and long for a life spent well. Oh to be a thorn in the flesh of injustice day after day and never leave.

And then... suddenly

No comments: