Thursday, May 04, 2006

Lockett v MVA

So my truck has been sitting in the garage here at the Farm since December. That's when my Colorado plates expired. Putting this vehicle back on the road has been one of the most complicated tasks I've ever taken on. I'm convinced that Maryland has quite a racket going on with the whole "state safety inspection standards" thing. I finally made the required repairs in in February, but then I had to leave for Boston- two more months of garage time. Now here's the real trick- convincing my proof of Maryland residency. I don't own a home, rent a home, pay any utility bills and my mail goes to a P.O. Box in DC. Unnnghh.

Talk about a headache. I'm happy to say that I took on the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration and won. The Prize? My Rover's street legal again, and the state of Maryland has collected a bunch more of my money.

And now for my evil act of the day. Would someone please hum Willie Nelson's song "On The Road Again" for me? With any luck you'll all have that song mercilessly playing over and over again in your heads all day.

1 comment:

Randy Bohlender said...

I guess we won't tell you that the interns have been using it to do metro runs the whole time. ;)